- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used chicken breast fillets, because they are already thin and it's easier to roll up)
- 4 slices cooked ham (I highly suggest you use deli sliced ham, my ham was really thick)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 C seasoned bread crumbs
- non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. ONLY USE THIS STEP IF YOU ARE USING REGULAR BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS.
-Pound chicken breasts until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
3.Put the 1/2 C of seasoned bread crumbs in a bowl. This makes the process much easier.
Yes, I just posted a picture of bread crumbs in a bowl.
4. Lay chicken flat. Roll up ham tight and roll slice of cheese around it. Fold up chicken and secure with toothpicks. Use as many as you need to!
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
6. Put chicken in bowl of bread crumbs and cover chicken completely.
7. You don't HAVE to do this, but my friend Kelsey was over and she said this is what she does so I did it :) Put a little butta on top!
(Note: don't let your husbands in the kitchen at this point, they will just dump the rest of the breadcrumbs all over your chicken because APPARENTLY the chicken needs to be drowning in it :) )
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until done.
9. Take out of oven and place 1/2 slice of cheese on top of each breast.
10. Put back in oven for 3-5 mins, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with a side salad, and it's a perfect meal!